Articles on this Page
- 01/10/19--01:00: _Rehab Stories: 10 G...
- 01/10/19--23:00: _Trending on Remodel...
- 01/11/19--01:00: _Gardening 101: Chry...
- 01/11/19--23:00: _Current Obsessions:...
- 01/12/19--23:00: _What to Read in Thi...
- 01/13/19--23:00: _10 Things Nobody Te...
- 01/14/19--01:00: _Edible Gardens for ...
- 01/14/19--23:00: _Low-Water Landscape...
- 01/15/19--01:00: _10 Easy Pieces: Hig...
- 01/15/19--23:00: _100 Gardens to Visi...
- 01/16/19--01:00: _Leather Garden Glov...
- 01/16/19--23:00: _The Garden Decoder:...
- 01/17/19--01:00: _Gardening 101: Japa...
- 01/17/19--23:00: _Gardening 101: Zoys...
- 01/18/19--01:00: _Trending on Remodel...
- 01/18/19--23:00: _Current Obsessions:...
- 01/19/19--23:00: _What to Read in Thi...
- 01/10/19--01:00: Rehab Stories: 10 Garages Gone Glam
- 01/11/19--01:00: Gardening 101: Chrysanthemums
- 01/11/19--23:00: Current Obsessions: Garden Restart
- 01/12/19--23:00: What to Read in This Week’s New Directions Issue
- 01/13/19--23:00: 10 Things Nobody Tells You About Orchids
- 01/14/19--01:00: Edible Gardens for Beginners: With Gardenuity, There’s No Guesswork
- 01/15/19--01:00: 10 Easy Pieces: High Tech Herb Growing Kits
- 01/15/19--23:00: 100 Gardens to Visit Before You Die
- 01/16/19--01:00: Leather Garden Gloves That Will Change Your Life
- 01/17/19--01:00: Gardening 101: Japanese Bloodgrass
- 01/17/19--23:00: Gardening 101: Zoysia Grass
- 01/18/19--01:00: Trending on Remodelista: 5 Interior Design Ideas to Add Glamour
- 01/18/19--23:00: Current Obsessions: Midwinter Luxe
- 01/19/19--23:00: What to Read in This Week’s Green Space Issue
Look at your garage. Shelves of hockey sticks, rusty rakes, mystery cardboard boxes that haven’t been opened since your last move. Now close your eyes and imagine—a guest bedroom, a studio, a clubhouse. For inspiration, take a look inside ten garages that have been magically transformed: Lower Saxony, Germany For more of this garage, see Outbuilding […]
Work with what you have was the Remodelista editors’ mantra this week. For a new year, here are five of their favorite ways to make a space feel fresh: Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets “A new coat of paint on kitchen cabinets, when done well, can completely change the look of your kitchen—on a minimal budget,” […]
Chrysanthemum: Chrysanthemum indicum Chrysanthemums don’t get the respect they deserve. For one thing, the only time anybody thinks of these cheery daisies is in the autumn, when you see them sold widely in plant nurseries and garden centers— at the exact wrong time to plant them if you want them to bloom again next year. […]
Even in the cold of January, there are tasks to be done in the garden, DIY salves to be made, and organizing (in the shed, the garage, the entryway) for the new year and spring ahead. Here are 8 things to know about this weekend: So you’ve finished watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo and […]
What’s your weather like this week? If it’s keeping you indoors, stay posted for our tips on how to perk up your potted orchids and other houseplants. If the days are mild, join us in the garden where we’ll be pruning our climbing roses (we’ve discovered leather gauntlet gloves that will defeat even the sharpest […]
“Orchids seem to drive people crazy,” the author Susan Orlean wrote in The Orchid Thief. “Those who love them love them madly.” This has been true for centuries, and in the 18oos Europeans’ obsession with the tropical hothouse flowers reached such a fever pitch that it was dubbed Orchidelirium. These days, the once-expensive exotic epiphytes […]
First-time gardeners need a little extra help. With an edible container-garden kit from Dallas-based Gardenuity, they will get it. “You’ll automatically get weather alerts for your zip code from us,” says company co-founder Donna Letier. “If there’s an expected spring heat wave after you plant your tomatoes, we’ll tell you to roll them into the […]
Please forget everything you think you know about dry gardens (especially if you are imagining harsh, spiky, half-dead-looking landscapes). A low-water garden can have lush foliage, soft textures, and will welcome you into deep, luxurious shades of greens if Northern California-based landscape designer Daniel Nolan created it. Nolan, who made his name as an inventive in-house […]
This year I’ve resolved to grow my own culinary herbs. After years of buying those tiny (plastic) packages of (expensive) bundled herbs at the grocery store, it’s time. Enter: technology. There are now a host of grow-it-yourself systems on the market that suit even the most cramped and light-less kitchens. Many of the kits are […]
Our list of the top 100 gardens to visit worldwide is very personal; many of these destinations are favorites our editors and contributors discovered in their travels. Others—from Athens to Australia—are new to us and we are determined to see them this year or next. Some of the world’s most beautiful gardens we stumbled across […]
“No thorns go as deep as a rose’s,” observed the 19th-century English poet Algernon Swinburne. Would that Swinburne had lived to witness the invention of these invincible Leather Rose Gloves. From Florida-based Garden Works and sewn from “100 percent cow grain leather,” the stylish gauntlet gloves will fully protect a gardener’s forearms while pruning roses. […]
Raise your hand if you either once thought or currently think that annuals are plants that bloom every year. (Go ahead, there’s no shame or judgment here.) Makes sense that you would assume that, as the definition of “annual” is literally “yearly.” But, of course, annuals do not come back year after year. The plants […]
Japanese Bloodgrass, Imperata cylindrica: A Study in Scarlet Striking, fiery, and red are probably not the words that come to mind when you think of perennial grass. But this is exactly what you get with Japanese bloodgrass. Its highly ornamental foliage deepens in color over the course of a growing season, from a pink tinge […]
Zoysia Grass, Zoysia: “Fairway Favorite” Zoysia did not become a favorite turf for golf courses by accident. This sturdy, creeping grass is drought tolerant, will control erosion on slopes, and grows thickly enough to prevent weeds from taking hold. Enough to make you wonder why everyone doesn’t have a fairway for a front lawn, isn’t […]
Everyone tries to stay on budget during a remodel, and sometimes one splurge is all it takes for results that look luxe. This week the Remodelista editors five interior design ideas to add a touch of glamour: Persian Carpet Handmade antique Persian rugs feel fresh again. See this week’s House Tour, ‘Mamma Mia’ Music Producer […]
From a cold-weather plant care workshop to a DIY winter bough, here are 11 things to know about this weekend. New year, new room: enter now for a chance to win more than $3,000 towards a 2019 room refresh. Details here. More than half of the world’s 124 species of coffee plants are threatened with extinction—and […]
Who couldn’t use a little more more green space. No matter how big or small, there’s room for a container garden, a hardy indoor houseplants, or a a mossy moment. This week we’ll explore ways to maximize a landscape’s potential: Coming this week: Before & After: How perennial grasses rescued a family garden in London […]